About Tom Lackey
The Foundation of a Leader
The son of a town dentist and small business owner, Tom Lackey was raised in the small, high desert mining town of Boron and graduated from Boron High School in 1977.
After graduation, Tom served as a missionary for two years, later returning home to attain a bachelor’s in special education and start his career as a special education teacher. To this day, Tom continues to serve those who require special care in the community as a champion for state funding to the developmentally disabled.
A proven and gracious leader for the region, Tom Lackey’s career has been underlined by a dedication to service and safety.
A Story of Commitment
In 1985, Tom was provided with an opportunity to use his passion for helping people in another way when he was hired as an officer with the California Highway Patrol.
For nearly 30 years, Tom helped to keep the region’s streets and neighborhoods safe, working in the areas of Los Angeles, El Cajon, Baldwin Park and the Antelope Valley, and retiring as a Sergeant in 2014. During this time, he also worked as a member of the Antelope Valley Crime Task Force.
Those who know Tom will tell you that he has taken the oath to protect and serve to another level, and the number of ways he has helped to both lead for, and strengthen his community, exemplify this deep level of commitment.
Before being elected to the State Assembly, Tom served as a member of the Palmdale Elementary School District Board of Trustees, and was elected to three consecutive terms on the Palmdale City Council.
Our Champion, Our Assemblyman
Each day, Tom is working with local leaders on common-sense reforms to capitalize on opportunities and create more jobs, while championing new ideas for a safer and stronger future.
Over the last two years, he has delivered on the promises he made.
- A+ Rating – Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association
- A+ Rating – California Taxpayers Association
- A Rating – California Chamber of Commerce
- Perfect Score – California Small Business Association
- Legislator of the Year – California Police Chiefs Association
- Legislator of the Year – Easter Seals Foundation
- Legislator of the Year – California Groundwater Association
- Recipient – The Arc and United Cerebral Palsy’s “Lanterman Promise” Award 2016
- Distinguished Legislative Leadership Award – League of California Cities